Friday, August 1, 2008

Introduction & Final Farewell

A brilliant mind recently reminded me that my eccentric thoughts should be documented. I decided to write and introduction and closing simply because I'm starting to write once again..and I feel that an introduction to the new me should be made. The final farewell is exactly that..if I die or give up on jotting the madness in my mind down... you will know exactly what I would want my goodbye to be. So, enjoy the "closed chapters" of my life as well as the attention deficit disorder I carry as a burden on my back daily. You will soon realise that it is merely impossible for me to stay on one thing at a time. I am meant to move, a busy-body if you will.

INTRODUCTION
What a better way to describe this than a song. Music has always been the theme of my life. It narrates my thoughts, emotions and circumstances on a daily basis.

"What I've Done"
(L.P.)
In this farewell
There’s no blood
There’s no alibi
‘Cause I’ve drawn regret
From the truth
Of a thousand lies

So let mercy come
And wash away
What I’ve done

I'll face myself
To cross out what i’ve become
Erase myself
And let go of what i’ve done

Put to rest
What you thought of me
While I clean this slate
With the hands of uncertainty

For what I’ve done
I start again
And whatever pain may come
Today this ends
I’m forgiving what I’ve done

What I’ve done
Forgiving what I’ve done

What I have become is a product of my environment. I have manipulated myself into nothing but what I have always been..now, have I always been myself? No. I learned my lesson. Now..like it or not you will get the stubborn, obnoxious, empathetic, outgoing, selfless Sarah that you deserve. I will no longer hold my breath. I will continue to bend over backwards for fools, I will continue putting my faith in those who never succeed to meet my standards of a good human being & I will continue to give those who don't deserve it..the benefit of the doubt.

I was put on this great earth by the Lord himself. I was put here to take care of those who need it & love those who want it. I have made a lot of mistakes in my life, the biggest one has finally deleted itself from my memory and I have forgiven myself for wasting such valuable time on such invaluable people.

My life now is what I have made it.
My life now is beautiful.
My life now is happy.
My life now is me.
My life is now.

My Farewell
I always tell people, "if i peace out early.. I had fun, I've loved my life".
When my time comes
Forget the wrong that I've done
Help me leave behind some
Reasons to be missed
And don't resent me
And when you're feeling empty
Keep me in your memory
Leave out all the rest
Don't be afraid
I've taken my beating
I've shared what I made
I'm strong on the surface
Not all the way through
I've never been perfect
But neither have you
So if you're asking me
I want you to know
When my time comes
Forget the wrong that I've done
Help me leave behind some
Reasons to be missed

Friends & Family Forever

Death Before Dishonor




No comments: